Organisers: Ana Garcia Armada (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain), Fernando J. Velez (Instituto de Telecomunicações/Universidade da Beira Interior, Portugal) and Alvaro Villegas (Nokia Bell Labs, Spain)
The topic of the first Winter School of the TeamUp5G project is “New radio access techniques enabling advanced video applications in 5G”. This activity is co-sponsored by VTS and IRACON COST.
The fact that video is (and will continue) dominating the mobile traffic is one of the drivers for the deployment of 5G. The new radio access techniques need to be able to provide the quality of service and experience that the new applications are demanding. In this Winter School we will have the possibility to learn from experts from both domains: the radio access and the video applications. Discussions to find out what is missing and where to orient the students’ research will be one of the main contributions of the training.
This three days training period will address recent advances in radio access, comprising signal processing, modulation, random access schemes and resource management, that are enabling the advance of mobile communications towards 5G and beyond and will facilitate the new uses cases, such as ultra-high definition video or virtual/augmented reality. The topics span form aspects of advanced multi-carrier or multi-antenna techniques following new paradigms such as cell-free massive MIMO, to system level optimization, including scheduling algorithms and spectrum management, as well as video applications that are able to exploit the availability of wireless 1 Tbit/s data rate on a per link basis.
Business aspects, cost/revenue trade-off, public policies for spectrum sharing and new frequencies, entrepreneurship and IPR protection will also be central parts of the training. The event also includes training on research, as it foresees a poster session that will allow the students to share their recent findings and ideas with their colleagues and tutors, who will give feedback and suggestions. Academic vision will be complemented by industrial experience, the IPR knowledge of the Spanish patent office and the “hands-on” part of the training.
- TeamUp5G ESRs: free
- IRACON members: free
- Members of the Vehicular Technology Society: free
- University student (full time Master or Ph. D. student): 150 €
- Any other participant: 225 €
PLEASE NOTE: REGISTRATION ENDS ON NOVEMBER 11TH
- Fee free members (TeamUp5G, IRACON and VTS): please complete this form.
- Please note a Google Account is needed to upload affiliation proof documents.
- No fee-free members: please go to this link.
Basic Information regarding data processing
- RESPONSIBLE for DATA PROCESSING: Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- IDENTIFY: TeamUp5G-Training&Dissemination.
- PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING: To provide training and dissemination activities.
- RIGHTS: You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation, portability and opposition to your processing, by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com
Provided by COST IRACON